Why License Naturopaths?
Is There a Demand?
More than 80 million Americans turn to complementary and/or alternative medicine every year. (Institute For Health and Healing at California Pacific Medical Center, March 2002)
A Harvard Medical School survey found that 68 percent of adults have used at least one form of CAM therapy. (Annals of Internal Medicine, August 2001)
Is Naturopathic Medicine Cost-Effective?
Yes, because it focuses on prevention, patient involvement, noninvasive methods and appropriate use of technology.
The Vermont Auto Dealers Association Wellness Program provides access to Naturopathic Medicine for their members and estimated a reduction in total health care costs by almost $1,500,000 in just one year. Insurance premiums dropped for the first time the following year instead of the usual annual increase.
A landmark study released in September 2004 at a congressional hearing found potential cost savings resulting from daily use of calcium and folic acid could save $15 billion in health care costs. (Dietary Supplement Education Alliance, Health Impact Study).
What can I do to help Pennsylvanians get access to NDs?
- Donate! Any amount, large or small, will help with licensing efforts.
- Sign up for our newsletter and find out when your support is critical for providing licensure.
- Join the PANP. We have Professional and General Public Memberships available. You will receive our eNewsletter with Legislative Updates as well as Health Tips on the latest researched natural health information.
- Choose Naturopathic Medicine for yourself. The more you know, the healthier you and your family will be: Find an ND
- Tell your Senators and Representatives you deserve access to all safe and effective health care options. Write your legislators
- Demand safety and education from your health care providers.
- Tell a friend about Naturopathic Medicine and the PANP.